We at T.B. Mackay Energy Services are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2021, taking place 13 – 19 September.
Here are some top tips on how to stay Gas Safe this Gas Safety Week:
- Know the symptoms of CO poisoning; headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapse, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
- If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the free 24-hour national gas emergency number immediately on 0800 111 999.
- Never attempt to work on a gas appliance yourself, always seek the help of a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer who can work on your gas cooker, boiler or fire in a safe way.
- Don’t cut corners – only employ a suitably qualified Gas Safe registered engineer when having gas work carried out in your home.
- Always ask to see your engineer’s Gas Safe ID card. Make sure you check the back of the card, which will state which gas appliances they are qualified to work on.
For gas safety advice and to find or check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at GasSafeRegister.co.uk. Alternatively, call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500.
Our qualified and experienced Gas Safe Register engineers can carry out Gas Safety inspections and issue Gas Safety Reports for all types of gas appliances. Contact us today to get your Gas Safety Check booked.